What Are The Ways To Save Money For Motor Car Owners
Driving a car in Singapore is getting more expensive and it seems to be a luxury item for people who can’t afford it. Car Insurance premium, Road Tax, Monthly Instalment, Maintenance, Petrol , Parking Cost, Summons, etc…..
However, there are ways to cut down the expenses, such as looking for the cheapest car insurance, driving habits to save on your petrol cost, etc..
Below are some methods that could save you hundreds of dollars a month in fuel costs.
- F1 Driver. Use the proper way is to accelerate slowly and smoothly, then get into high gear as quickly as possible. Do not drive like a F1 driver.
- Highest Gear. Drive in a lower gear instead of the highest gear wastes fuel. Need to say more!!!
- Don’t idle. Idling wastes fuel and gets you nowhere. Turn off the engine if you're going to be stopped for more than 30 seconds.
- Gas can evaporate. Tighten your gas cap to prevent this from happening.
- Plan your trip. With Proper planning, you can group your driving into fewer trips, saving you time and fuel expense.
- Fuel which best suits your car. High Premium-octane fuels do not necessarily be the best choice for your car. Higher price doesn't guarantee better performance. Many cars are designed to use regular low-octane fuel. Check your owner's manual to see what your car requires.
- Don’t’ Service your car!!. A poorly tuned engine can use up to 50% more fuel and produces up to 50% more emissions than one that is running properly.
- Tyres check. Make sure your tyres are properly inflated to prevent increased rolling resistance. Under-inflated tyres waste fuel and increase drag.
- Use less brake. Let your car slow naturally and use its stored momentum, rather than brake frequently.
- Natural Air vs Air Con. At low speeds, opening the window will save reduce fuel consumption by reducing air con use. At higher speeds however, using the air con may be more efficient than the wind resistance from open windows and sunroof.